A while ago we introduced GD.SE's Strike Force. Since then, we've been planning and implementing some very humble ideas. I think it's time we report, because it's good news!
The Chat is aliiiiive!
One of our main goals was to bring our chat room back to life, after a long (looong) time frozen. We are back! And we have cats!
Some things we did were:
- We first prepared the Chat guidelines, or rules of etiquette for our fancy room,
- We added Chat feeds (We have a great selection of GD blogs! Check them out)
- We renamed the room, made the description more inviting. This worked out really well, because we now have people coming from other rooms (mainly because of the cats).
Survival and Adaptation
We successfully migrated to SE's new Close system and the Help Center!
Improvements to the Site
Like geniuses driven by... nevermind.
- Completed and formatted most of the wiki tags excerpts
- Cleaned tags and created a bunch of synonyms
- Took care of a lot of flags (our average handling time is less than 3 hours, a record!)
- Censored and re-worded badge-awarding amounts of questions, answers and comments
Some of these are coming very soon! We keep a Trello board with our ideas (it's public to see, just send us a message for an invite to edit), so please join us!
- "Celebrity" chat-cast (soon!)
- Logo of the Week Contest
- We would like to try scheduled events, like "Bounty Day" or "Ask about ... Day". What do you think?
- We were toying with the idea of a GD.SE Blog
We have more visits, more questions and more answers than ever. We are growing, and we have a great community. Not too bad for a beta!
Your loving Pro-Tem Mods,
JohnB & Yisela