Prerequisite reading material: Do we still feel like 3D questions are out of scope here?
We should be a little more explicit about what kinds of 3D questions will be allowed. I think @stephencosh had a good thought on that:
It wouldn't hurt to re-open some of the 3D questions that were closed for being off-topic. Here's a list of all closed 3d or blender questions, but they don't all necessarily all need to be re-opened. We can apply our criteria to these questions.
Since there are only (as of this writing) 29 on that list, I'll just itemize and categorize them here:
How to import .obj files into Maya 2011
3D tools to create icons
With what software I can create 3d expo booth designs
How can I 'smooth' that?
- How to make a 2D normal map from a non orthogonal view in Cinema 4D
- Best free program to view 3D models in Collada format?
- SketchUp: Changing a Follow-Me shape after the fact
- What 3d converter can handle .iges, .step, .sat, .dwg, .gdl? - Better for superuser?
- Convert files into XGL - Better for superuser?
Creating Wireframes in Blender 3D
- Blender: projecting an image via a spotlight onto a plane
- Blender - how are points and paths imported from svg different from points and paths created in Blender?
- Blender - displacement of a repeated mesh over another single mesh
- 3D car models freely available - Too localized
- How can I easily create a 3D figure that looks like a human? - Kinda broad
- Bright spots while rendering - Too localized, probably hopeless
How to get a 3D unique human face model as .obj file - Kinda localized but not too bad(edited)
- Does long-time rendering damage CPU? - Better suited for SuperUser
- Why 3d redering, even for basic text, is so slow in photoshop and other programs when today's games can do that very easily - Not about design
- Blur function from focusing - Probably better for SO
- How to spread a video out in Blender - Animation
- Creating a 3D image from 2D shape - Not enough info from OP
- Blender 3D design - Too broad
- Milkshape textures - Too localized, not enough info from OP
- I installed the extended version of adobe photoshop cs6 and 3d options dont show up - Better for superuser
- 3D Max generate objects from animation frames, copy frames to viewport - Animation
- Blender Cycles and OpenCL - Better for superuser
- Network rendering in blender really slow? - Better for superuser
- Where can I find tutorial for Blender? - Way too broad
Now, before you crucify me and tell me how wrong I am, please note this is just an initial suggestion. Feel free to weigh in!