I've seen a bunch of questions essentially asking, "My logo is similar to another... is it okay??" The answer to each is something like, "Regardless of copyright/legal issues, it's not a good idea to have similar logos".
Here are some that fit (feel free to edit to add more if you find them):
- Our company's new logo looks similar to another logo. Will this be a problem in the future? (the one from today)
- Are these logos too similar?
- What should I do if I find a logo very similar to my design?
- Is our company logo too similar to this established brand?
- I have created the logo similar to existing. Is it plagiarism?
- Similar Logos - stolen or not?
- Is it plagiarism if my logo looks similar to an existing one?
- Does my Logo look too much like the "Command" symbol? (kind of)
- Would this be considered as plagiarism?
- Plagiarism or subconscious? (kind of)
- Is this plagiarizing of the Food Lion logo?
- Would this use of initials in a logo be considered plagiarism..?
How should we handle these types of questions?
I'm thinking we should mark them as duplicates since the question is the same, the logos just change, and leave a comment for their logo comparison specifically. Should we create a canonical? Is there a question that has already asked that could be used as a canonical?