It had never occurred to me until reading this question that a question could be considered too simple. The arguments for weeding out overly simplistic questions are compelling, but how simple is too simple for this site?
This question: Illustrator - 5 cm bleeds somehow?
My gut reaction was to answer the question (and I did). After being reading about the types of questions that don't attract experts, this seems to fit the criteria.
Is it too simple?
- Questioner asks about a specific feature of a specific computer program.
- Questioner acknowledges that they are aware of the program's limitation.
- Questioner does not indicate interest in the relevant design concept.
How should it be handled?
- Should the question be given a detailed answer as-is?
- Should the question be edited to make it about the design concept instead of an arbitrary shortcoming of an application? (And, consequently, be given detailed answers pertaining to the overarching concept.)
- Should the question be flagged for closing as off-topic?
So... where do we draw the line?